Best Ecommerce Payment Gateways
It can be difficult to start an ecommerce store and finding the correct payment portals can be tricky, but there are great solutions. The reason is because there’s just so many merchant gateways out there right now. A few major key factors come into play to ensure you’re running your online store at your full potential because of the importance of tracking and managing sales.
When searching for top competitors to help manage your cashflow can be confusing, so definitely explore the pros and cons of each gateway. When researching top payment gateways, you don’t know if some of these top choices are boosted as part of some advertising motives.
A few of these key factors you should pay attention to are:
- Processing Fees
- Membership Costs
- Pending Payment Hang Times
- Refund Policies
- Fraud Protection
It’s also very important what programming language is being utilized because some gateways are more compatible than others. Are you building with Wordpress and Woocommerce, Shopify, Squarespace, Magento, WHMCS, Joomla, etc.? The list goes on for different platforms that would support an ecommerce store. You need to also keep in mind the future of your store. Are you planning on compressing into an application, or are you outsourcing a developer to integrate your payment portal and gateways?
It can sometimes be quite efficient to find a gateway that offers frontend api keys for your store’s integration because this will save a lot of time. Woocommerce and Shopify are by far the easiest way to integrate multiple payment gateways because they ultimately offer 3rd party plugins to link your website within seconds, or immediately within their own site’s api.
Best Designers In The World found some great top solutions for your ecommerce store. With high volume sales, we want to ensure low processing fees to ensure maximum profits. You’re most likely already offering coupons, so dialing in operational costs is key.
Our top picks based on costs, integration and efficiency:
Authorize.Net allows users to accept payments from major credit cards, drawback cards, and digital payments, as well digital-checks and foreign payments from major countries. One of our favorite picks because of it’s API simplicity and operational fees.
Payment Gateway Only
- Monthly payment of $25
- Per transaction, $0.10
- Daily batch charge of $0.10
- Anti-fraud measures
- Manager of customer information
- Payments made on a regular basis
- Checkout is simple.
- $25 per month
- 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction
- All Payment Gateway Only features
Stripe has a strong focus on developer integrations to allow it’s API to grow with all types of company shapes and sizes to their requirements. Clients can utilize the platform how they would like, so take advantage of their online POS or by Stripe’s native integrations for ecommerce platforms including WooCommerce in Wordpress, Shopify, Wix, Squarespace, and BigCommerce.
- 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- 0.8 percent ($5 maximum) ACH direct debit
- Checkout that can be embedde
- Subscriptions and billing on a recurring basis
- Payment options available in your area
- Reporting in real time
- Support for QuickBooks and NetSuite
- Apps for iOS and Android
- There are around 450 platforms and extensions available.
- Platforms and marketplaces remuneration
- Preventing fraud with machine learning
Paypal believes that offering its service as a payment option to clients can enhance checkout conversions by 44% due to its trusted name and widespread use. It’s also quite simple to add the Paypal gateway as a payment option. Users just register and add a “Pay by Paypal” button to their website.
- $30/month for Premium membership
- 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Accept credit and debit cards, as well as multicurrency payments in six different currencies.
- PayPal offers payments in 26 different currencies from over 200 different countries.
- Accept credit card payments via PayPal (U.S. only)
- Payment gateway for online stores
- PCI compliance can be made easier with these options.
- Accepting payments over the phone with a virtual terminal
One of Square’s biggest features is how simple it is to get started. Users can get the app for free on any iOS or Android device and use a Square-provided free mobile credit card reader to accept payments. This is an ideal alternative because food carts, farmer’s markets, craft booths, and other mobile merchants can process credit card payments using only a smartphone or tablet.
- POS software that is available for free
- Magstripe reader for free
- In-person or online transaction: 2.6% + $0.10
- Invoice transactions at 2.9% + $0.30
- 3.5% plus $0.15 for manual entry or card-on-file
Braintree offers a merchant service account that takes all major credit cards, digital wallets, ACH deposits, Venmo, and PayPal in over 130 currencies because it is a PayPal subsidiary. Recurring billing, a customer information manager, automatic account updaters, reporting tools, data encryption, and fraud prevention tools are among the other features.
Braintree also provides in-store payments via a mobile app and PayPal card reader, as well as customizable checkout flows, customer loyalty and rewards, and the ability to securely exchange sensitive customer and payment data with trusted partners via Braintree Vault.
- 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Payment gateway and merchant account
- Advanced anti-fraud measures
- The Braintree Vault encrypts data.
- Support by phone and email
- Assistance with data migration
- All regional payment options are accessible.
- Billing on a regular basis
- Integrations with third parties
- Support for integration
- Optional pricing and interchange
Bottom Line? Don’t read too hard into your decision because you have many great options. It’s all about doing the research to find which payment processing gateway would be most beneficial to you and your company.
Feel free to reach out to the professional ecommerce developers at Best Designers In The World to help point you in the direction because they love to assist! They also offer full management of ecommerce services which includes everything from server management to development and sales funnel optimization.